Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
As you’re keeping the 2024 Pro, I don’t think that’ll fit. 2020/22/24 Air yes, interchangeable with the 2018/20/21/22 Pros (with the earliest Pro and the Airs having part of the back exposed where the camera is smaller, but on the 2024 Pro they seem to have changed magnet placement and the camera module slightly so that it’s necessary to buy new cases.
Ah yes good spot I wasn’t looking that carefully but something along those lines would be good. Thats the annoying thing with Amazon you enter search criteria but it shows things that are not really a match or vaguely related!

Tybull

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
Wales U.K
UK people is there anywhere doing for a decent 0% financing deal? 12-36 months. Paypal credit is usually good for this but can’t seem to find anywhere that does more than the 4 months.

It’s a shame Apple no longer does this outside of their phones. Thanks 👍
Get an interest free credit card.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
UK people is there anywhere doing for a decent 0% financing deal? 12-36 months. Paypal credit is usually good for this but can’t seem to find anywhere that does more than the 4 months.

It’s a shame Apple no longer does this outside of their phones. Thanks 👍
Best option these days is usually a 0% credit card (being sure of course to manage it carefully and pay off in full in the interest free period). Either a card with 0% on purchases or a balance transfer deal if you have one available. Done that in the past with iPhones rather than faff about with finance during what historically could a mad rush at checkout to get a launch day model and need to finance the full amount because I’d traded in the previous model for a good price.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
I don’t think you will find anything like that with current inflation.
Inflation was much higher last Feb when I got my iMac on an interest free loan. I asked somebody at John Lewis and he said that it was just something they do from time to time with deals.

Webcat86

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2022
Inflation was much higher last Feb when I got my iMac on an interest free loan. I asked somebody at John Lewis and he said that it was just something they do from time to time with deals.
Easiest thing to do, if you can’t find financing, is get a 0% balance transfer credit card. But it on your normal card then move it to the balance transfer card. You’ll pay a small fee but no monthly interest if you clear it in time

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
A number of credit cards do offer interest free purchases but usually only for the first few months. For example, MBNA has 21 month interest free for new purchases, but this only applies for the first 60 days. Any new purchase after that date works like any other credit card. If you do use it for other purchases check the order any payment is made against the account balance just to make sure you don’t incur interest.

For balance transfers you are typically looking at 3% to 3.5% charge on amount transferred, so around £40 for the base 13” iPad Pro.

if a shorter intest free period works then Amazon allows spreading cost over 5 months. It does mean the payments are quite high though (£259.80 a month for the base 13” iPad Pro). AO do interest free over 6 months but some of the more popular models are out of stock.

Whether any of these options are suitable I don’t know, but there options beyond the usual interest free retail options which don’t seem to be available at the moment.

Reactions: Webcat86

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I hesitated to replace my 12.9" iPad Pro at first, but the advertised weight reduction in both it and the Smart Keyboard persuaded me to try it. Particularly as I have a larger laptop so I do like having another, smaller device I can get work done-on as well as being able to take the "screen" off and use it for media consumption, reading etc.

The reviews were right, the reduced weight of both parts makes the iPad comfortable to use one-handed in either orientation and when on the keyboard, it feels so much lighter than the old combo.

madmads

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
UK
I know this isn't a strictly a preorder question, but I've got a a UK based selling question of older an ipad. I had/have a 2021 pro that I sold to envirofone for £370. I did notice a couple of weeks ago that there was a white spot on the screen but it wasn't hugely noticeable, to me anyway. Anyway envirofone reduced their offer to £92.50. I was expecting a little reduction but that's mad. I'm having it sent back, but not sure where else to try as all the other reselling sites like mazuma etc will all be the same. I'm not hugely keen on eBay due to all the scamming issues on there with high value stuff but I will if necessary, but anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
Love the paper weight form factor , however never a fan of the MKB. So basically I am returning the MKB and sticking to my Keychron keyboard or the iMac for extensive typing! I just love the tablet /pencil experience, I don’t need a laptop

Webcat86

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2022
I know this isn't a strictly a preorder question, but I've got a a UK based selling question of older an ipad. I had/have a 2021 pro that I sold to envirofone for £370. I did notice a couple of weeks ago that there was a white spot on the screen but it wasn't hugely noticeable, to me anyway. Anyway envirofone reduced their offer to £92.50. I was expecting a little reduction but that's mad. I'm having it sent back, but not sure where else to try as all the other reselling sites like mazuma etc will all be the same. I'm not hugely keen on eBay due to all the scamming issues on there with high value stuff but I will if necessary, but anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you
I actually sold mine on a forum, not dissimilar to this one but on a different primary subject. I've had good success on eBay and Facebook in the past but yes, you do need to be particularly diligent these days.

Reactions: madmads

jameseld82

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2018
London Uk
Hi all. Tomorrow I'm off to the Apple store to see if the new 13" is going to be worth the upgrade from my 12.9 M2. I love the screen on it but the blooming can be really off putting.

Also I'm actually thinking of downsizing to the 11" but that is only a thought. I will let you all know how I get on.

Webcat86

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2022
Hi all. Tomorrow I'm off to the Apple store to see if the new 13" is going to be worth the upgrade from my 12.9 M2. I love the screen on it but the blooming can be really off putting.

Also I'm actually thinking of downsizing to the 11" but that is only a thought. I will let you all know how I get on.
I'm tempted to see the 13" myself, just because I'm within the 14 days. So far though, the 11" feels perfect. Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Reactions: jameseld82

LaysC

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2022
Having had a couple days with the 13’’ And Magic Keyboard, I feel it was the right decision - the larger screen makes it a much more appealing machine to do my work on (even if it’s just pdf and word documents, side by side on the 11’’ never felt big enough). The keyboard is great, I love the aluminium palm rest.

Reactions: Tybull

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland

Thank you
I think the question is fine here. There is usually lots of trade in chat on the UK iPhone pre-orders threads every year!

Could you get to CEX or similar shop to trade in? At least they will be examining on the spot.

jameseld82

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2018
London Uk
I use CEX quite a bit. They seem to be reasonably priced and examine there and then. If you are happy with the valuation they will then give you a time to come back to store once they have fully tested the item.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Having had a couple days with the 13’’ And Magic Keyboard, I feel it was the right decision - the larger screen makes it a much more appealing machine to do my work on (even if it’s just pdf and word documents, side by side on the 11’’ never felt big enough). The keyboard is great, I love the aluminium palm rest.
I'm tempted to see the 13" myself, just because I'm within the 14 days. So far though, the 11" feels perfect. Looking forward to hearing what you think!

I very briefly saw the 13" in store today and it looked lovely size I have to say! I was having a quick squint at the white MK and at first didn't realise I was at the 13" display. Side by side I think it would be easy to be swayed towards the 13" if I could give it too much serious thought (just like it is comparing the Air and the Pro). However for now I think the 11" is perfect for me.

Picked up the Silver 11" Pro and White M4 MK today.............but didn't expect the white M4 MK to be a mix of white and silver aluminium (whereas the non M4 MK is completely white keyboard). What to do/keep? :rolleyes:

madmads

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
UK
Thank you, CEX hasn’t occurred to me. Do you have to supply with charging cables etc?

jameseld82

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2018
London Uk
IMG_1046.jpeg

Reactions: madmads

PR.

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
Bedford, UK
Has anyone found a UK network that offers eSIMS for PAYG Data?

Annoyed as I bought a 120GB/12 month SIM card last month for my old iPad and apparently EE won't convert it to an eSIM so have to find something else

Reactions: marliefrugal
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.