Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ash Pole

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2015
Edit: Apple could fix this in the Find My back end infrastructure. Put a block on all Airports.

Ok...I'll have to send that in as a feature request....done.

No!!! Theft at airports happen every minute, often by TSA screeners, baggage handlers, porters etc.
The property is almost never recovered and arrests are basically non-existent.

Airtags are not a risk to Nat'l security or air travel safety. If you're that paranoid, don't fly.

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
Put an AirTag on both cats, bigger one looks grumpy and the little one is only 10 months old so she'll grow into it ?.
Doesn't look too bad, they aren't complaining or even bothering with it after wearing it for an hour so that's a good start.

Was only a cheap silicone one on eBay but the build quality honestly isn't too bad, and the AirTag fits in very snugly while the battery side is fully covered.

Coco my 10 month old.

View attachment 1770238

Chloe, whos about 9yrs old.

View attachment 1770241
When they bend down to eat does the tag swing in front of their mouth?

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I'm currently using 3. I have a 4th but I'm waiting on a smaller case to attach to my iPad bag. I prefer the white side facing up. The stainless steel on my keys airtag is already all scratched up. I think they look better facing this direction anyways.

Camera Bag.
IMG_0827.JPG

Keys and Day Bag

IMG_0831.JPG

Reactions: MacMandy

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
I'm currently using 3. I have a 4th but I'm waiting on a smaller case to attach to my iPad bag. I prefer the white side facing up. The stainless steel on my keys airtag is already all scratched up. I think they look better facing this direction anyways.

Camera Bag.
View attachment 1780455

Keys and Day Bag

View attachment 1780456

The tags look great, but I would put inside of those bags vs outside. I know they’re no anti theft devices, but I am of the opinion that they make bags even more attractive to steal when you can see them on the outside.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
The tags look great, but I would put inside of those bags vs outside. I know they’re no anti theft devices, but I am of the opinion that they make bags even more attractive to steal when you can see them on the outside.

I think the big "Canon" logo makes the bag more attractive to steal rather than the little AirTag.

But yes... I see your point...

:p

• Haha
Reactions: AZhappyjack

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
They look too good to hide on the inside! Besides, the orange strap looks amazing on my bag. I was excited Apple sold a strap that would pop against it. I'm not careless or forgetful with my things. They are usually in close range and I never leave them in a car. I'm not going to lie, that are fun accessory!

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I bought the 4 pack and have only used one in my tennis bag. After that every other idea I had has been shot down when reading about the tags. I should have done more research!! I learned my lesson.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Think I'll just be buying one for my SUV when I finally pick it up this weekend. (and it'll be going under the hood)

Really don't understand all of the people putting them on the outside of their belongings...making them super-visible, the first thing a thief will do is remove it. :)

If I was going to be putting one in a knapsack, I'd try to sew it into the lining somewhere. :) (battery should last for a year) :). (want to get fancy, get a velcro pouch of the same colour/material) :)

Reactions: Tumbleweed666

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Think I'll just be buying one for my SUV when I finally pick it up this weekend. (and it'll be going under the hood)

Really don't understand all of the people putting them on the outside of their belongings...making them super-visible, the first thing a thief will do is remove it. :)

If I was going to be putting one in a knapsack, I'd try to sew it into the lining somewhere. :) (battery should last for a year) :). (want to get fancy, get a velcro pouch of the same colour/material) :)

I'm putting mine inside also. Did a test yesterday with it deep inside a large, full suitcase and I was able to connect to it.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Agreed. I put an AirTag in my work bag... it's in a zippered pouch with a bunch of small items (USB-A>USB-C adapters, etc)... and it's in an inside pocked within my bag.

Rembixe

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have put AirTags in my young kids backpacks.
I have one with my keys - managed to loose my keys the day before my AirTags arrived ☹️
My wife have an AirTags with her keys

Was considering putting one in my work briefcase but since I hardly ever use public transport the risk of loosing the bag is rather slim.

Sman75

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2021
Helsinki Finland
Got 4pack -

1. For wifey (she uses it for her laptopbag)
2. Kiddo 1 (uses in Schoolbackpack)
3. Kiddo 2 (same)
4. Me

Currently using mine in either my backpack (holds both camera-set-5DM3 and MBP) or jacket... if i take the backpack out i put in in the hidden pocket of it, and if not then its with me in the pocket of my jacket.

Would like to get another pack so no need to swap places constantly.. but its starting to be like making sure the keys and important stuff is with me.

applesque

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2021
USA/Israel
2) Chickens????? Wow. Now, there's one that I never thought Id here being tracked. But it does make sense. Free range birds?

3) Cars: Assuming for finding it in a full parking lot? But you'd have to be within 30ish feet (bluetooth) and at that point I use my key fob to honk horn. OR am I missing your use case???

4) Remote: How will attach? I need to do this one too.
you can already buy an apple tv remote case that has a place for an airtag

darkcompass

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2018
I have tracked my wallet, keys and my granddaughter, when we were at Chester Zoo. - It was on her dress, so that if she got lost we could find her again.

#notcreepy

BTW, she didnt run off, so it was fine.

applesque

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2021
USA/Israel
I am doing three sets of keys and my work bag.

Has anyone heard if things like the AirPods, new AppleTV remote, or other Apple devices will be compatible? I misplace that stuff in my house all the time and Airpods can only tell me things like there they were 12 hours ago. It isn't very helpful and this sounds like a much better solution.
So with iOS 15 you'll be able to find AirPods more efficiently, as it will now emit a Bluetooth ''beacon" even when the case is closed. as for Apple TV remote, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Reactions: seek3r

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Put an AirTag on both cats, bigger one looks grumpy and the little one is only 10 months old so she'll grow into it ?.
Doesn't look too bad, they aren't complaining or even bothering with it after wearing it for an hour so that's a good start.

I wanted to do put one on my cats but I think its too big for it to be comfortable.

Ujaraq

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2018
Denmark
I got a 4-pack, but right now only uses 3:
1. Keys
2. Jacket
3. Car

Will use number 4 when I travel, and put it in my lugage.

hammie14

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
UK
I got my 4 pack today.

1. Main house and car keys
2. iPad Pro bag (holds AirPods, AirPods Pro and dongles)
3. Wallet
4. Work keys

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA
Just got the last one on the shelf from Target yesterday. Using it for my keys! Goodness this thing is cool. Connectivity has been perfect so far. Pinging works fantastic, especially since I can’t use Precision Finding.

Rugburn

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Tile makes a slim version, slightly thicker than a credit card. I got those for our wallets a couple years ago (misplacing them around the house) but the batteries died. Would be awesome is AirTags could make something similar. The button shape is fine for keys, but not great for wallets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.