Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

torncanvas

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
I have blender installed on my m1 MacBook Pro , runs really well. Much better than my 2017 MBP and 2020 air.
Thank you! Even better news, the primary developer for the macOS ARM build recently posted a native alpha build via Twitter, so full support is hopefully not too far behind.

Reactions: wyrdness

beastforum

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2020
Hello! I have never used X-Plane before but I tried to fly the Seattle demo. I took screenshots (attached). It was quite smooth!
I was running this on my LG Ultrafine 4K.
So this was at 4K resolution?? If so that’s very impressive, especially as it’s running through Rosetta 2. Could you show the graphics settings page so I can compare the performance to my current?

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Entitlement called. It wants its question back.
It has nothing to do with entitlement so get your facts right. The OP's title of the thread say's '...ask me anything' so members have and what I noticed is that some members were asking genuine questions and they were being ignored. There was no, 'hi, thanks for your question, I will get back to it later' or anything like that. If a person makes a thread that requires input from the forum members then that person should manage it properly, the OP didn't so I called them out on it.

The OP responded to my post therefore hopefully things have improved.

Last edited:

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
UK
It has nothing to do with entitlement so get your facts right. The OP's title of the thread say's '...ask me anything' so members have and what I noticed is that some members were asking genuine questions and they were being ignored. There was no, 'hi, thanks for your question, I will get back to it later' or anything like that. If a person makes a thread that requires input from the forum members then that person should manage it properly, the OP didn't so I called them out on it.

The OP responded to my post therefore hopefully things have improved.
Nah. You're in the wrong here.

You complained about the OP not responding quick enough only 3hrs 13mins after his first post offering help.

Lots of people asked questions, some needed considerable downloads. Add in that there are time zone differences (the OP has to eat / sleep) and it's just not fair to complain after such a short time.

Why don't you post something offering help to an entire forum with members worldwide and see how well you cope with the demand?

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
Hi Dean,

Many thanks for doing this post, awesome idea to test your new baby! ?

Can I ask, How is Excel and OneNote on this new M1 laptop?

Glitchy?
or exactly the same as the intel versions?

Your help is much appreciated ?

Regards
Martin

Marbles1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2011
How are iOS Apps shown in the Mac App Store? Is there a separate category for them? Do you have to search the store and hope for the best i.e. guess if an iOS App is available?

Would you mind posting a screen shot?

Thanks ever so much!

Reactions: motulist

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Nah. You're in the wrong here.

You complained about the OP not responding quick enough only 3hrs 13mins after his first post offering help.

Lots of people asked questions, some needed considerable downloads. Add in that there are time zone differences (the OP has to eat / sleep) and it's just not fair to complain after such a short time.

Why don't you post something offering help to an entire forum with members worldwide and see how well you cope with the demand?
I am right, you are wrong. Also, stop trying to twist the facts to suit your narrative. I never complained about the OP not responding quick enough, you've just fashioned that idea out of thin air. Also, stop making up excuses to defend the OP, it's disgraceful.

The 'theme' or content of a thread will determine how that thread is maintained. A well maintained thread will have the OP constantly interacting with other posters to help keep the interest in the thread alive. The OP should also 'manage' the thread they make. Making sure that posts are kept on topic and that any infighting is prevented. If the OP see's posters breaking the rules of the thread or rules of the forum then the OP should report the rule breaches to the forum moderators. You do not just make a thread and then be done with it. Goes ask the forum admins about thread management and you will see they will agree with me.

Now with regards to the OP and the content and 'theme' of this thread. M1 machines have been hottly anticipated and thus any information about them is in high demand. The OP has an M1 and therefore should have known the strong demand for information about the machiine they have. As a result the OP should have anticipated the high demand in posters wanting to know about the machine and thus how rapidly questions would be posted. As such the OP should have been on hand to answer questions as and when they came in. If there was a question that could not be answered, the OP should have immediatly replied with 'Thank you for your question. I am not able to facilitate your request at the moment but I will try later on in the day'. The OP was doing a good job of interacting with some posters in the thread, responding to some question and returning with results to those questions BUT there was issues and errors with how the OP was managing the thread which I brought to the OP's attention. The OP responded to my post and as far as I am concerned the matter is closed.

foxs

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
To add my 2 cents. Got the MBP 16gb 1tb since yesterday. So far been managing to get my angular dev environment going pretty easily. Everything runs smoother, quicker, faster than anything I've seen so far. Some Rosetta Apps felt a bit sluggish at times but I think that's more than fine. Probably best battery I've ever had in a laptop. Any questions are obviously welcome :)

Reactions: johnnybeagle

Delarock

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2016
Hallou can someone pls test 120 hz external monitor support? if someone has one at home. I know officialy not supported but if it run 6k at 60 hz maybe it will run 120 hz on 4 k display

Luis0180

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2020
Madrid
I love these generous people who volunteer for tests. ❤️

My MBP M1 16Gb will arrive on Monday! But I am very concerned with the operation of the Office 365 suite, as I depend on it for my work. Could you tell me if it works without problem on the M1? I'm talking about Outlook, Powerpoint, Teams,... (I saw that you answered about Teams), etc. And my most critical one: Onedrive ?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Marbles1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2011
How are iOS Apps shown in the Mac App Store? Is there a separate category for them? Do you have to search the store and hope for the best i.e. guess if an iOS App is available?

Would you mind posting a screen shot?

Thanks ever so much!

I can answer my own question -

The apple dev website shows a screenshot of the Mac App Store, where you can search for an app and click to choose Mac Apps or iPhone and iPad apps.

There's also a process where developer can say if they've 'verified' it works well on Mac OS.

Link below:

phl92

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2020
I can answer my own question -

The apple dev website shows a screenshot of the Mac App Store, where you can search for an app and click to choose Mac Apps or iPhone and iPad apps.

There's also a process where developer can say if they've 'verified' it works well on Mac OS.

Link below:

Is there somewhere a list with all Apps which are already ARM implemented and all Apps running in iOS style? Cannot find something useful...

QuasiMadDboy

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
Teams works perfectly!
I haven't had a 8GB computers in nearly 10 years :D
This is great to get confirmed - do you notice any excessive heating of the computer or performance degradation using Teams with a video call. The 2020 MacBook Air on Intel goes just crazy with fans and poor performance when using Teams...

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Hi OP.

Thanks for doing this thread. I was wondering if you have or use Lightroom on your new Mac? If so, how long does it take to export a small batch (~25) RAW photos to jpeg?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.